Prepare for success
- You must have at least the following permissions within SharePoint to complete this step:
- You must have the Nintex Mobile app installed on your mobile device to view Nintex Mobile forms
Design your form for mobile and app views
The steps for making your form viewable on mobile screens or through apps depend on the type of form.
- Nintex Workflow Cloud forms and responsive forms created in the responsive forms designer (Nintex for SharePoint and Nintex for Office 365) are themed forms based on four-column grids.
- Classic forms created in the classic forms designer (Nintex for SharePoint and Nintex for Office 365) are pixel-perfect forms with control-specific formatting.
Nintex Workflow Cloud forms
Mobile views are immediately available with forms created in Nintex Workflow Cloud. The forms automatically resize to the screen used to view them. No design changes are needed for mobile views.
If you want to make this form accessible from the Nintex Mobile app, simply select the Nintex Mobile check box in the Start event configuration dialog box.
For more information on creating Nintex Mobile forms in Nintex Workflow Cloud, search the online help.
Responsive form steps (Nintex for SharePoint, Nintex for Office 365)
Mobile views are immediately available with responsive forms. Responsive forms automatically resize to the screen used to view them. No design changes are needed for mobile views.
If you want to make your responsive form accessible from the Nintex Mobile app, simply click Form Settings on the ribbon.
Expand the Nintex Mobile Settings section and select the check box for Publish to Nintex Mobile (iOS and Android).
After the form is published, it is available within Nintex Mobile.
Classic form steps
Mobile and app views of classic forms use the layouts that you add when designing the form.
If you want to make your form accessible from a mobile browser, add the Smart Phone layout. This layout automatically builds a version of the form to be viewed through a mobile browser, such as Safari or Chrome.
If you want to make your form accessible the Nintex Mobile app or a custom app built using Nintex App Studio, add one of the Nintex Mobile layouts (either Nintex Mobile Phone or Nintex Mobile Tablet, depending on the intended device).
Once the layout has been added, you can customize the layout design if you like.
When you select Publish to publish the form, you will see your selected layouts listed.
After the form is published, it is available from mobile devices, including the Nintex Mobile app if you selected the related layouts.
Check for success
- Were you able to view your Nintex form on your mobile device through the Nintex Mobile app?