Prepare for success
- You must have at least the following permissions to complete this step:
- Site Collection Administrator
- If you do not have Site Collection Administrator permissions, please have your Site Collection Administrator perform the steps below before moving to Step 2: Building your first workflow with Nintex for Office 365
Adding the Nintex for Office 365 apps
Find apps in the SharePoint Online Store
You can install the Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms for Office 365 apps from the SharePoint Online Store. You install the apps from the store to a SharePoint Online site.
To access the SharePoint Online Store
- Navigate to your Site Contents and select add an app.
- Select the SharePoint Store link (from the left hand menu).
- In the store, type Nintex into the search box at the top right-hand corner of the page.
This finds both the Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms for Office 365 apps.These apps can be added to the site in any order, as there is no dependency between them, other than needing the Forms app to create custom task forms within workflows.
Install apps to the SharePoint Online site
To add the app to the SharePoint Online site
You must have permissions to add apps to your site to perform this procedure.
- Click the app you want to add.
- Click Add It.
Note: If you see Request It (instead of Add It), you need approval from your SharePoint Online administrator to add an app.
SharePoint Online Store prompts you to confirm that you wish to add the app to your site.
- Click Continue.
SharePoint Online Store prompts you with the message, You just got this app for everyone in your organization.
- Click Return to site.
SharePoint Online Store prompts you to trust the app
- Click Trust it.
At this point your new app will appear within your Site Contents slightly greyed out with the message We're adding your app, click here to cancel. Once the app is done installing, the message disappears and the app will is no longer greyed out.
You can start building workflows!
Check for success
- Have the Nintex Workflow for Office 365 and the Nintex Forms for Office 365 apps been added to your site?