ISSUEWhen opening a workflow, the following error might occur:
Error retrieving config xml for activity...
RESOLUTIONUpdate the Workflow definition manually:
- Open SharePoint Designer (SPD - if you don’t have it, it’s a free download), open the “NintexWorkflows” folder, open the relevant workflow folder.
- Checkout the xoml, config and rules (if one exists) files for the broken workflow.
- Open each file as text, copy out to a new notepad file on the file system, giving each file the same name.
- Open the xoml file in Notepad.
- Locate the elements that are related to “Switch”.
- Locate the Enabled="False" attribute.
- Change this to Enabled="True" and save the file.
- Copy all files back over the top of the checked out files in SPD.
- Check in, creating a minor version.
- Return to SharePoint and load the workflow in the designer.