ISSUEAfter deleting the Nintex Content database, mapping for the content database still remains in Central Administration and errors similar to the following occur in SQL:
Login failed for user 'XXXXX\YYYYYY'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'Server Name\Path/ Database Name'. [CLIENT: IP Address]
RESOLUTIONBefore performing the below actions create a backup of the SQL database
- In the SQL instance that contains the content database, expand the Databases folder.
- Expand the Nintex config database (Often Called NW20XXDB).
- Right-click on dbo.databases and click "Edit Top 200 Rows".
- Delete the entry for the deleted Nintex content database.
- Log on to a SharePoint Web Font End server and perform an IIS reset.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThis method can be used for 2010 and 2013.
NWAdmin.exe -o DetachDatabase command does not work since the database has already been deleted