ISSUEWhen a workflow tries to continue after a task is completed, it sometimes fails with the error:
[WorkflowName] failed to run.
- Navigate to Central Administration >System Settings > Manage servers in this farm.
- Identify the server that has the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service that is not running the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application Service.
- Navigate Application Management > Service Applications > Manage services on server.
- Change 'Server' in the top right hand corner to the server identified above.
- Stop the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service.
- Run IIS Reset from a SharePoint Management Shell.