ISSUEWhen running an approval workflow the following error is shown in the workflow history page when the workflow gets to the Flex-task action:
Error in task. Cannot a corresponding human workflow task id for this task.
RESOLUTIONCreate new task list for workflows to use.
- Edit the workflow.
- While in workflow designer, click on workflow settings.
- In the Task list field, select the option "Create new" to create a workflow task list.
- Publish the workflow.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThis error occurs when Workflow task list is corrupted and workflow tasks cannot be added to task list.
The error "Cannot find a corresponding human workflow task ID for this task" may also occur when clicking a link in a workflow email notification. When an attempt is made to view the task, the page queries the Nintex Workflow database for the record linked to the task item. When a record is not found, this error message is displayed. For more information, see Workflow performance improvement and load reduction.
There are a couple of reasons why the data can be missing from the Nintex Workflow database:
- Data has been manually purged from the database during a maintenance operation.
- Database or SharePoint migration has resulted in the site collection accessing the wrong database, or a site collection ID has changed so it does not match the recorded data.
- A workflow has restarted after timing out while trying to commit at run time.