Within the workflow history list there are several columns with GUIDs under them. What do the GUIDs in each of these columns represent?
- Here is a breakdown of what the various columns inside the history list represent:
- Workflow History Parent Instance: This is the GUID of the Workflow Instance that created the history item (changes with each workflow execution).
- Workflow Association ID: This is the GUID of the ‘version’ of the workflow that created the history item (changes with each design update).
- Workflow Template ID: This is the GUID for the workflow that created the history list item (changes between distinct workflow names).
- List ID: This is the GUID of the SharePoint list where the workflow was executed.
- Primary Item ID: This is the ID of the list item on the SharePoint list where the workflow was executed.
- User ID: The name of the user that executed the workflow.
- Date Occurred: The Date/Time that the history list items was created on.
- Event Type: These are a reference to the SPWorkflowHistoryEventType, more information can be found here.
- Description: Any specified text set to be logged to the history list.