When installing Nintex Workflow and Forms 2016, the following error might occur, even though a valid license is installed and this is simply doing an update on current version:
Your license is not valid for version X.X.X.X of Nintex Workflow 201X. Please contact email@example.com to obtain a new license.
ERROR CODEYour license is not valid for version X.X.X.X of Nintex Workflow 201X. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a new license.
Bypass the license check in the installation process by following the steps below:
- Run the Nintex Workflow installer.
- On the Installation options screen from the installer, select "Export"
- Save the exported files.
- Open that folder containing the exported files.
- Right-click on "InstallHelper.ps1", select Properties and deselect "Read Only".
- Open this file using PowerShell ISE and change each "$isValidForUpgrade=$false" to "$isValidForUpgrade=$true", there will be 3 that you will need to update, then save the file.
- Run the Nintex upgrade again with the "Install.ps1" file using PowerShell with administrative privileges.