SummaryWhen accessing Setup Database in Central Administration, after a migration has been performed, the following message and a correlation ID might appear: "Object reference is not set to an instance of an object."
First verify that the connection string shows the correct server and database name:
#Using SharePoint 2013 Management Shell
$farm = Get-SPFarm; $farm.properties["NW2007ConfigurationDataBase"];
- If the server and database names are correct skip the next step.
If the string is incorrect run the following:
$farm = Get-SPFarm; $farm.properties["NW2007ConfigurationDataBase"]; $farm.properties["NW2007ConfigurationDataBase"] = ??; $farm.Update();
Try the Database Setup page again.
If the error still appears:
- Open SQL Manager and navigate to the Nintex Configuration database
- Go to: Tables > dbo.Databases > Right click "Select Top 1000 Rows"
If the server name is incorrect:
- Run the stored procedure (Programmability > Stored Procedures) "dbo._PrepareForNewEnvironment" this will update the server name and other items to the new environment.
- Confirm the Name and ServerName values are correct and then retry the Database Setup page.