ISSUEList workflows configured to start on conditions fail to start despite meeting the conditions.
- Download SharePoint Manager (http://spm.codeplex.com/releases/view/35932) and extract it on the server
- Run the EXE
- Expand the web app that contains the site collection where this is occurring
- Expand “Sites”, then the relevant site, then “Lists” and then expand your list
- There should be at least one Event Receiver labelled conditional start but there could be three for a list and four for a library. The “Type” could differ (“ItemUpdating”, “ItemAdded” and “ItemUpdated” plus "ItemCheckedIn" for libraries)
- If there are none republish a conditional workflow, this should trigger the receiver creation.
Option 2If the Event Receivers are present, or re-creating them as above does not resolve the issue the NintexAutoStartRules.xml file is most likely corrupt anding fail to take on new conditional start data.
- Open the List in SharePoint designer and navigate to: All Files > The affected list/library > Forms
- Find and Delete NintexAutoStartRules.xml
- Re-publish any workflows set to start conditionally, this will re-create the NintexAutoStartRules.xml file.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThere are two possible causes:
- The event handler being used to trigger the List Workflow is not present.
- The NintexAutoStartRules.xml file is corrupt and not indexing the start conditions correctly.