ISSUEWhen trying to access a web service via https the following error is received:
Failed to invoke web service. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
- Navigate to Central Administration > Security > Manage Trust and visually confirm the certificate being used for HTTPS/SSL traffic is added.
- Re-import the certificate and re-test the Web Service.
It is also recommended to ensure that all the certificates required by Nintex Workflow are imported into the above page in CA. These can be found listed in the Nintex installation guides.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThis is caused by an invalid SSL certificate on the destination web service.
There are four possible causes for this:
- The certificate was generated by an untrusted source.
- The certificate has expired.
- The certificate name does not match the URL used to access the web service.
- HTTPS/SSL certificates have not been installed in the SharePoint environment.
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"