ISSUEWhen installing Nintex Workflow 2010 or 2013, the following error might occur, even though a valid license is installed and this is simply doing an update on current version:
Your license is not valid for version X.X.X.X of Nintex Workflow 201X. Please contact email@example.com to obtain a new license
RESOLUTIONBypass the license check in the installation process by following the steps below. A valid license is still required to run the workflow designer after installation.
- Run the Nintex Workflow installer.
- On the "Do you want to add the solution to SharePoint now?" page, select "No, I wish to export the solution and deploy it manually later."
- Save the exported files.
- Open that folder containing the exported files and navigate to the "Workflow" folder.
- Right-click on "CheckLicense.ps1", select Properties and deselect "Read Only".
- Open this file using PowerShell ISE and change "$isValidForUpgrade=$false" to "$isValidForUpgrade=$true" then save the file.
- Run the Nintex Workflow upgrade again with the "install.ps1" file using PowerShell with administrative privileges.