SummaryWhen installing Nintex Workflow 2010 or 2013, the following error might occur, even though you already have a valid license and are simply doing an update on current version of your workflow: "Your license is not valid for version X.X.X.X of Nintex Workflow 201X. Please contact email@example.com to obtain a new license"
You can by-pass the license check in the installation process by following the steps below, however you will still need valid license to actually run the workflow designer after installation.
- Run the Nintex Workflow installer, and when you get to "Do you want to add the solution to SharePoint now?" select "No, I wish to export the solution and deploy it manually later."
- Save the exported files in a folder of your choice and then open that folder and navigate to the "Workflow" folder.
- Here you will see "CheckLicense.ps1", right click on it, select Properties, and un-check "Read Only".
- Now open this file using PowerShell ISE and change "$isValidForUpgrade=$false" to "$isValidForUpgrade=$true" then save the file.
- Finally, re-run the Nintex Workflow upgrade by running the "install.ps1" file using PowerShell with administrative privileges.