TOPICHow to improve performance by creating a dedicated Nintex Workflow History List.
- Log in to the SharePoint Portal.
- Navigate to the site where the workflow and list is hosted.
- Access the “Site Settings” and under the “Nintex Workflow” group click the “Manage Workflow History Lists” link.
- Click the “Manage Workflow History Lists” tab, and then the “New” icon to create a new Nintex Workflow History List.
- Fill in the “Name” and the Description” fields.
- Create the History List.
- Locate the list/library where the workflow is and click the list/library link to access the ribbon.
- In the ribbon, click the “Workflow Settings”, and the in the drop-down menu, select “Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow”.
- Click the “Workflow Name” link for the selected workflow and Edit the Workflow.
- In the Workflow settings change the assignment for the History List for the newly created History List.
- Save and Publish the workflow.
Note: All new workflow instances will use the new History List, previous instances will use the previous list(s). Maintain the list item count under Microsoft’s recommended values. For more information, see Manage large lists and libraries in SharePoint.