TOPICHow to improve performance by creating a dedicated Nintex Workflow Tasks List.
- Log on to the SharePoint Portal.
- Navigate to the site where the workflow/list is hosted.
- Locate the list/library where the workflow is published and click the list/library link to access its ribbon/properties.
- In the list/library ribbon, click the “Workflow Settings” and the in the drop-down menu the link for “Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow”.
- Click the “Workflow Name” link for the selected workflow and Edit the Workflow.
- In the Workflow settings change the assignment for the Task List by clicking the drop-down box arrow and selecting “Create New…”.
- Fill in the “Name” and confirm the workflow assignment for the new Task List.
- Click “Save” in the ribbon.
- Save and Publish the workflow.
Note: All new workflow instances will use this new Task List, previous instances will use the previous list(s). This improves performance and avoids concurrency.
Maintain the list item count under Microsoft’s recommended values. For more information, see Manage large lists and libraries in SharePoint.