TOPICHow to verify if a server upgrade is required.
- Log in to SharePoint Central Administration.
- Verify that the user account performing this procedure is a member of the Administrators group on the local computer.
- Click “System Settings”.
- Under “Servers”, click the “Manage Servers in this Farm”.
- Review the “Upgrade Required” in the Status column for servers that require upgrade.
- After all required products and/or patches are installed, perform an upgrade by either running PSConfigUI.exe or by executing the following command:
PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONIn a SharePoint Farm if a Server Upgrade is required then all required products must be installed on all servers in the farm, and all products should have the same patching and upgrade level across the farm.
Without the upgrade, the server(s) is not in a supported state.